Terms of Service
“METASNAKE" Terms of Service
Last Modified: 10/31/2021
Relevant information of OTEY GAMING PTE. LTD. ("the Company") is as follows:
Company Name OTEY GAMING PTE. LTD.
Representative Woonyong Tan
Address 105 CECIL STREET 24-02 THE OCTAGON Singapore 069534
The METASNAKE game ("the Game") is provided in accordance with the Terms of Service ("the Terms") of OTEY GAMING PTE. LTD. The Game falls under the "General" level of the "Game Software Classification Method" classification standard.
One. Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms
I. Please carefully read the Terms before registering to use the Game. By selecting "Agree" or by using the Game online, you indicate that you have read and understood all of the content of the Terms for three days or more and that you agree to accept all of the content covered by the Terms. If you are a minor, please read, understand, and agree along with your parent (or guardian) that you abide by all the contents of the Terms before using the Game. By agreeing with the Terms as well as other expressions of intent, you are presumed to have obtained permission of a legal representative or have met the requirements of compliance with the law.
II. You understand and agree that when using the Game, your meaning can be represented by "electronic files" such that when you start to use the Game, or when you click on function keys such as Agree or Confirm on the various service and function pages, all such actions will be regarded as your formal expression of intent. Within 7 days after starting the Game, you may still terminate the legal relationship arising from the Terms via e-mail or written notification without giving any reason or paying any fee. You may also request a refund from the Company for unused stored value.
III. Important reminder:
1. The digital asset market is new and unconfirmed, and will not necessarily expand;
2. You acknowledge and understand that investment in digital assets may result in partial or total loss of your investment. Therefore, you are advised to carefully consider and use clear judgment to assess your financial position and the abovementioned risks before making any decisions on buying and selling digital assets; any and all losses arising therefrom will be borne by you and we shall not be held liable in anymanner whatsoever.
3. The Company may suspend or terminate your account or use of the Service, or the processing of any digital asset transaction, at any time if it determines in its sole discretion that you have violated this Agreement or that its provision or your use of the Service in your jurisdiction is unlawful.
4. It is prohibited to use this Website to engage in any illegal transaction activities or illegitimate activities, such as money laundering, smuggling and commercial bribery. In the event that any suspected illegal transaction activities or illegitimate activities is uncovered, this Website will adopt all available measures, including but not limited to freezing the offender’s account, notifying relevant authorities, etc., and we will not assume any of the responsibilities arising therefrom and reserve the right to hold relevant persons accountable.
5. The content of this Website may be changed from time to time and at any time without notice, and we have taken reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of the information on the Website; however, we do not guarantee the degree of such accuracy, or bear any loss arising directly or indirectly from the information on this Website or from any delay or failure caused by failure to link up with the internet, transmit or receive any notice and information.
Two. Rights and Obligations of Both Parties
I. Member accounts, passwords, and security
1. When registering to use the Game, you should provide correct and detailed personal information. If you have already filled in the registration information, please update your personal information at the time of any changes. If you fill in personal information that is incorrect or if it is not updated, the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate your use of this service at any time.
2. For the sake of preserving your own rights and interests, please do not disclose or provide to any third party either your account password or the Apple or Google account and password used to log in to the Game, or lend or transfer to others for such use. The Company will not bear any associated responsibility from any loss arising from your providing your account and password for others to use.
3. The Company adheres to the privacy and personal data protection policies of OTEY GAMING PTE. LTD.; and, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, it maintains confidentiality of user information or associated access, use, preservation or disclosure. For details, please read the "Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy" of the Company. This Policy also forms a component of these Terms of Service.
II. Game Management Rules
1. You agree that you should abide by current laws and regulations when using this game service. You agree and warrant that you will not use this service to infringe on the rights of others or engage in illegal acts. Such behavior includes but is not limited to:
a. Infringing on the reputation, privacy, trade secrets, trademark rights, copyrights, patent rights, and other intellectual property rights of others, and other rights.
b. Using this service in the name of another person.
c. Transmitting or spreading computer viruses.
d. Other actions regarding which the Company has legitimate reasons to deem as inappropriate.
2. You agree that while using this game service, you will not engage in advertising or commercial activities in the Game or on associated websites.
3. Regarding virtual treasure, virtual gold coins, game characters, and game props in the Game, they may only be used for entertainment purposes when you personally log in to the Game of the Company.
4. Experience value or virtual gold coins of the Game of the Company do not represent any cash value. You may not request the conversion of in-game tools, treasures, virtual coins, etc., into cash or other forms of property; nor may you use them for illegal purposes or engage in any other behavior that violates the purpose of the Game.
5. Except as otherwise agreed to in the Terms, when facts emerge that prove that you have violated the Game Management Rules of the Game, the Company shall announce as such on the Game website or while the Game is in progress, and shall notify you by online instant messaging or by email. Regarding those who have not corrected their behavior after being notified by the Company, then in accordance with the Game Management Rules the Company may suspend your right to use the Game, as restricted according to the severity of the circumstances or for a period of no more than 7 days.
6. In the stipulation of the preceding paragraph, outside of terminating the legal relationship between the two parties as a result of the Terms, the Company's dealing with you in accordance with the Game Management Rules shall not affect your other rights under the Terms.
III. Notification of illegal use of account and password
1. You shall comply with applicable laws and regulations and properly use and keep your account in this Website and login password, password of your financial transactions, and the mobile phone number bound with your account that you provide upon registration of your account, as well as the security of the verification codes received via your mobile phone. You shall be solely responsible for any and all your operations carried out using your account with this Website and login password, financial transaction password, verification codes sent to your mobile phone, as well as all consequences of such operations. When you find that your account with this Website, your login password, financial transaction password, or mobile phone verification codes is used by any unauthorized third party, uncover any other problem relating to the security of your account, you shall inform this Website in a prompt and effective manner, and request this Website to temporarily suspend the services to your account with this Website. This Website shall have the right to take action on your request within a reasonable time; nonetheless, this Website does not bear any liability for the consequences that have arisen before such action is taken, including but not limited to any loss that you may sustain. You may not assign your account with this Website to any other person by way of donation, lending, leasing, transfer or otherwise without the consent of this Website.
2. If you can prove that a third person has used your account illegally or that there may be abnormal damage to its safety of use, the Company shall then return the stored value you have deducted or offer compensation for the equivalent game fees; however, this limitation shall not apply for such conditions that are attributable to you.
3. You agree to take responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password on this website (including but not limited to information disclosure, publishing of information, online click to agree or submission of any kind of rules and agreements, online renewal agreements or purchase services, etc.).
IV. Billing Standards
1. The Game may be downloaded for free via Internet platforms (channels such as Google Play and Apple Store).
2. The Game is currently free of monthly fees and is not a game with time-based fees. However, the virtual treasures, virtual currency, specific game characters, and game props provided by the Game will be charged at the time of your purchase according to the announced rate of the item. If the above fees/rates are to be adjusted, the Company will make an announcement on the Game website, the game in progress, and the game login page 30 days before the effective date of the scheduled adjustment; and notify you by e-mail. The adjusted rate shall be calculated and collected at the new rate from the effective date of the adjustment. If the new rate is higher than the old rate, the stored value you have logged in to the game website before the effective date of the new rate will still be charged at the old rate.
3. When you store value and spend through small payments or any other method via a cooperating manufacturer of the Company, please be sure to confirm the relevant payment rules of the manufacturing partner. If the Company informs you that your game is in breach of contract or is experiencing delayed payment through a manufacturing partner, the Company may directly freeze your member account without notice. Such a freeze may only be lifted after the relevant accounting issues have been handled, and no compensation will be given during the period of a freeze.
V. Electromagnetic Records and Game History
1. If you find that your account and password have been used illegally, and that the electromagnetic records of the game have been improperly transferred, immediate notification should be given to the Company for verification. After the Company verifies your personal identity, the relevant group of accounts should be immediately frozen and associated online game users' rights to use the service should be temporarily restricted.
2. When the Company places a temporary restriction on game usage rights, it shall immediately notify third parties holding the electromagnetic records mentioned in the preceding paragraph in writing or by e-mail to provide an explanation. If such third parties do not provide an explanation within seven days of their receipt of the notification, the Company will give you a direct reply indicating that the electromagnetic records had been improperly transferred. When a reply cannot be made, other equivalent compensation methods can be adopted as agreed by both parties. Furthermore, after reply is made, restrictions on users of associated online games shall be lifted.
3. While the Company restricts your usage rights in accordance with the provisions of this Article, the Company shall not charge you during the period of restricted use.
4. You shall bear all legal responsibilities if you make false statements that damage the rights of the Company or the users of the Game.
5. The Company retains ownership of all electromagnetic records of the Game, and the Company shall maintain the integrity of your associated electromagnetic records. You have the right of control over the aforementioned electromagnetic records.
6. For your inquiry, the Company will save your personal game history records and the retention period shall be 30 days.
7. You may apply for access to your personal game history in writing, online, or in person. For the sake of verification, you must submit personal information that matches identify documentation when seeking access and you shall bear the associated inquiry fee of USD 100.
8. After receiving your application for inquiry, your personal game history will be provided as listed in the preceding paragraphs and this information shall be provided within seven days by storage media such as CDs or magnetic disks, or in writing or by e-mail. If the period of retention has expired for electromagnetic records, then the Company regretfully cannot accept your application for inquiry.
VI. System Security and Game Maintenance
1. When the Company provides the Game in accordance with the provisions of the Terms, the Company's systems are to be in compliance with security that can be reasonably expected from current technological or professional standards. You should also understand, however, that no game can truly guarantee that there will never be interruptions, malfunctions, hardware damage, disconnections, or hacking. If the Company's computer systems or electromagnetic records are damaged or are working abnormally, the Company will respond as soon as possible after taking reasonable measures and you will not be charged any fees until the repairs are completed and normal operations are restored.
2. Without authorization, you may not reproduce, transfer, modify, edit, or decompile, or use plug-ins or virus programs, or use the Game in any other form for any entertainment purpose other than that of the Game itself; otherwise, you shall bear all legal responsibility. If the Company suffers any resulting losses, the Company reserves the right to investigate your legal liability and to seek full compensation from you.
3. The Company reserves the right to stop or interrupt its provision of the Game under the following circumstances:
a. When repairing, maintaining, and constructing related software and hardware equipment and electronic communication equipment of the Game;
b. When there is a sudden failure of software and hardware equipment and electronic communication equipment;
c. When the Game cannot be provided due to issues with the operating system platform applied for by the Company;
d. When a failure in the Company's systems has occurred due to natural disasters, system attacks, and other force majeure events;
e. When protecting the completeness and safety of persons, transaction content, game history, and personal information of other members or third parties in an emergency.
4. When system maintenance downtime is underway for various system equipment of the Company due to pre-planned system maintenance. Such occurrences will be announced seven days beforehand on the official fan page of the Game and through other official authorized channels [insert official website URL], and notification will be given to you when you log in, or downtime maintenance messages will be posted during the game.
5. When the Game is experiencing errors, screen pauses, lags, interruptions, or an inability connect. If you have made deductions but cannot access the Game, please notify the Company. The Company will coordinate with the system provider to return the stored value or related game fees that you have deducted. However, the above shall not apply if it is a direct result of natural disasters, force majeure events, or hackers.
VII. Intellectual Property Rights and Privacy Rights
1. All works and materials in the Game and on its official fan page, its copyrights, patent rights, trademarks, trade secrets, other intellectual property rights, ownership, or other rights are all owned by the Company or its rights holders.
2. The Company adheres to privacy and personal data protection policies; and, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, it maintains confidentiality of member information or associated access, use, preservation or disclosure. For details, please read the "Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy" of the Company. This Policy also forms a component of these Terms of Service.
1. The Company is not responsible for losses and for compensation arising from your own system errors and equipment failures, and no guarantee is made that the Game will have unconditional compatibility with your own software and hardware.
2. Online community communication functions such as various comments and opinions on the Game are self-uploaded and disseminated by Internet users and the Company cannot guarantee their legality, authenticity, completeness, and credibility, Such information is provided only for your own research and reference, and does not provide you with any relevant professional advice or suggestions. You must bear any risks yourself, and the Company will not be liable for any damages arising therefrom.
3. On associated pages of the Game, all links or advertisements may link to the websites of other individuals, companies, or organizations. The purpose of providing these links is only to facilitate members' own collection or obtaining of information. The Company cannot guarantee the legality, authenticity, completeness, timeliness, or credibility of the products or advertisements provided on the websites of such linked individuals, companies, or organizations. Moreover, as you are provided with no relevant professional advice or suggestions, you must bear such risk yourself and the Company will not be liable for any damages arising therefrom.
IX. Complaint Channels
1. When dissatisfied with the Company's provision of connection quality, game management, billing, and other associated quality issues of the Game, or when dissatisfied with the Company's handling thereof, you may lodge a complaint with the Company by submission in writing or email to the service center of the Company within seven days after receiving notification. The Company shall reply with its handling result within 15 days after receiving the complaint.
2. See the Game's official fan page for the complaint channel and email address of the Game as well as our Company's information.
Three. General Terms
I. Changes to the Terms
The Company may modify or revise the content of the Terms due to adjustments in service content as well as changes in relevant laws and regulations. It is your responsibility to pay attention to updates in the Terms that may be made at any time, and the Company will not give further notice after modifying or revising the Terms. Upon your login to the website, use of any service of the website, or any similar behavior, this serves as indication that you have understood and fully agreed to each item of the contents of this Agreement, including any modification made by this website to the Agreement at any time. If you continue to use any content on this website, you are deemed to have accepted and confirmed the updated terms of this Agreement and are willing to be bound by them. If you do not agree to the revised terms of this Agreement, please close the page immediately and notify the Company by e-mail or in writing of your intention to terminate the service.
II. Contract Termination and Refunds
1. You may notify the Company of your intention to terminate your participation in the Terms at any time.
2. Upon the termination of your participation in the Terms, the Company will deduct the game points it has gifted, the game points you have used, and necessary costs; and within 30 days, your unused game points will be refunded by cash, credit card, money order, or registered check.
3. The Company may notify you by e-mail or in writing of its termination of your participation in the Terms when you encounter any of the following material circumstances:
a. Use of any system or tool to maliciously attack or destroy the computer systems of the Company;
b. Use of plug-ins, virus programs, game program loopholes, or other methods that violate fairness and reasonableness in playing the game; or when engagement in any illegal activities is discovered by judicial authorities.
4. The Company shall be liable to you for compensation of damages arising from the termination of your participation in the Terms if it is incorrect in its determination of the circumstances of the preceding paragraph or if it is unable to provide corresponding evidence.
5. The Company may terminate services of the Game at any time.
Four. Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
Five. Court of Jurisdiction
For all disputes involving the Terms, both parties agree that the courts of the Republic of Singapore shall serve as the court of first instance jurisdiction.
If any clause of this Agreement is deemed unenforceable, invalid or illegal by any court having jurisdiction, this will not affect the validity of the remaining clauses of this Agreement.
Seven. Right of Final Interpretation
This website possesses the right of final interpretation of this Agreement.